Saturday 12 March 2011

Processing Born Digital Materials Using AccessData FTK

To follow up with my previous blog entry on "Surprise Use of Forensic Software in Archives", I have prepared a YouTube video "Processing Born Digital Materials Using AccessData FTK". I hope this video can give people more details on how FTK is being used at Stanford University Libraries. Take a look and let me know what you think.

I would like to say a few words on discovery and access even though it is not the topic of the video. After we process the files in FTK, one way to delivery the files is to store them in a Fedora repository and let people access our Fedora repository using a web browser through Internet. We have developed an alpha version of this model using files from the Stephen Jay Gould collection. Another way to provide access to the files is to let people use FTK to access the files in our reading room. I will write about that later.

Hope you enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDAhbR8dyp8

No comments:

Post a Comment